Is your garage door is a Wayne Dalton TorqueMaster?
Keep in mind that the Torquing System is not as strong and durable, leading to faster wear-and-tear on parts like sprocket teeth or chains used in the door opening process. With this kind of springs, you might experience increased noise levels when operating your garage door opener motor. Thus, it would be best if you considered converting it to a more durable garage door spring system such as the Torsion Spring System.
The Differences Between TorqueMaster Spring and Torsion Spring
Wayne Dalton TorqueMaster springs are made not to be seen outside because it was put inside a tube so you will not be quickly aware if it is damaged unless your garage door stops working. In contrast, Torsion springs are placed outside and above the garage door parallel to its threshold; with this, you will not wonder if springs are broken or not.
The Advantages of Torsion Spring System
- It will have a better quality because all the plastics will be replaced with steel. As you observed, the TorqueMaster System is not high quality because it has a plastic drum, thin cables, tiny bearing plates, and flimsy thin springs.
- It will be easier to replace a broken spring, unlike TorqueMaster where you need to replace everything.
- There won’t be any loud noises disrupting your peace at home while trying to relax after a long day of work; unlike TorqueMaster, you might experience increased noise levels when operating your garage door opener motor.
- It provides much greater convenience since torsion hardware doesn’t rely on electricity as the TorqueMaster spring-type does. If someone were to cut through those wires, you could still operate the garage door by manually cranking back up manually in case of an emergency.
- It is more durable or has a longer lifespan than the TorqueMaster springs.
- It has fewer parts and components, which means there will be less of a possibility for something going wrong while operating your door opener device.
- It is more cost-effective to buy a torsion system because they last for years and are not prone to rusting like other metal parts of the garage door.
- The Torsion Spring System has been proven to be safer than cables and torque systems.
Converting your TorqueMaster garage door spring system to a Torsion spring system requires the expertise of a professional garage door repair company. If you try to convert it on your own, you might bring significant damage to your garage door components, or worse, you might get injured in the process.
Watch how our professional technicians get the job done!
American Veteran Garage Door Repair of Las Vegas is a garage door company specializing in repairing and installing garage doors. We have been providing homeowners with quality service for many years. Our technicians are experienced professionals who will get the job done right the first time, so if you need to convert your Wayne Dalton TorqueMaster spring system to a Torsion spring system, don’t hesitate to contact us!